After all my work yesterday most of it was lost. I am sick with disappointment. The family site I created at myfamily.com with loads of pictures and the beginnings of stories is all gone. After getting it together I invited family members to go to the site as members to add comments, stories, and pictures and maybe even correct some of my info. As soon as I clicked on invite I was directed back to a brand new family site page. A brand new empty page with no pictures, comments, events... nothing. I spent another hour looking for it and sending an email to "My Family.com" for help. I found nothing and have heard nothing.
I have decided not to recreate the site. I will focus on building the family trees at Ancestry.com and offline on my pc and will develop the stories and pictures there with the documentation. And I will also spend more time writing and putting stuff here. Since I'm pretty sure no one actually looks at this site it will become my attempt at keeping a journal.
Nigel wants to create an aviation site with his pictures and documentation and add a travel log page to it. I can help him with that maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment