Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Unsavory Thoughts

I cannot eat my own cooking. This is not something I am particularly proud of. I like to cook. Now that I am married and have someone to cook for I have been enjoying learning new recipes and tweaking old ones. However... more often than not I soon suffer from either intense heartburn or I spend the rest of the evening in the throne room. And I don't mean with Elizabeth. How unfair! My darling husband it seems has a cast iron stomach and has suffered no ill effects. But... he is not exactly quick to "dish" out compliments. So how can I know if I'm a decent cook if he won't tell me and I can't eat it myself? This stinks. I also love to eat. The upside is if I quit cooking and turn to a new hobby, I 1) could lose weight, and 2) don't have to clean up the kitchen. Hmmmmm...

No comments: